Stock Graphic >> Object - 1940s Hospitality Tourism Art 25553 by Rosehaven Cottage Studio @ CreativeMarket
File Size: 61.45 MB; DPI: 300 DPI; Vector: Yes.
Set of 12 objects in a total of 36 files in the following formats.
- Adobe Illustrator (requires CS and above)
- .eps (requires CS and above)
- .png with transparent backgrounds
I found these illustrations on a vintage mid-century hospitality brochure for encouraging business and tourism travel to New York City. The brochure dates to some time in the 1940s. Each art object on the brochure was very small (an inch high or smaller), printed red on a black background, and completely unusable in that state. I digitally restored each of them as black line art vectors.
Objects and subject matter are.
- Calling a cab (a doorman whistling for a taxi for a family of four)
- Convention (a group of men listening to a presentation)
- Dancing couple (with big band in the background)
- Dining out (a waiter taking the order of a couple in a swanky restaurant)
- Housekeeping (a hotel maid turning a bed or making a bed)
- Ma?tre d' (performing table-side food preparation like cherries jubilee)
- Man reclining (a guy smoking a pipe probably in the gentleman's lounge of a hotel)
- Singer (female looking a lot like Billie Holiday)
- New York City skyline (with Statue of Liberty prominently in foreground)
- Waiter (carrying a tray with food plates covered by cloches)
Please note that the charm of these images is that they are restored from 600 dpi scans of original published literature. The highly stylized art is intended to be minimalist and look like sweeping ink brush strokes.
Keywords: vintage, mid century, 40s, 1940s, hospitality, tourism, new york city, nyc, hotel, restaurant, foodie, chef, big band, swing, waiter, vacation, business trip, bellhop, leisure, retro.