Font - Dasha 39517 by Magpie Paper Works @ CreativeMarket
File Size: 1.21 MB; Vector: Yes.
Meet Dasha! She's a warm & friendly calligraphy font, ready to collaborate with you.
Dasha was vintage-inspired and hand-drawn, so her alphabet bounces naturally along the baseline. She has a host of Opentype features that allow you to control just how much whimsy spills out onto the page. Each copy of Dasha comes with.
- a full set of alternate capital letters (contextual alternates)
- seamless ligatures that automatically connect as you type (default and discretionary ligatures)
- beginning and end-of-word swashes (swash feature, and stylistic set 1 for Word users)
- a set of elaborate swashed capital letters (swash feature, and stylistic set 1 for Word users)
- old-style numerals (old style numerals)
- arbitrary fractions (fractions)
- 22 (!) alternate ampersand characters** (contextual alternates)
For best results, be sure to use Dasha in Opentype-friendly applications like Adobe's CS Suite, any recent version of Microsoft Word (2010 or newer), or Quark. To see the perfectly connecting letters, make sure you have the Opentype features, particularly the default/standard and discretionary ligatures, turned on. If you don't have access to these programs you can still use Dasha, though you will need to view and manually access the extra 1,100+ characters through a third party application like Ultra Character Map (Mac) or PopChar (Windows).
IMPORTANT EXTRA INFO.
- By purchasing a license for this font, you are agreeing to our EULA, which is a little different than the Simple Creative Market License. Please make sure to read our EULA here (http://tinyurl.com/kxfjqd5) before purchasing, so you understand uses are allowed!
- Make sure to use this font in programs that support Opentype features. If your application includes a glyph panel, you'll be able to access all of the characters. If you're using Microsoft Office, here's how to turn on all the goodies: http://tinyurl.com/pd5wyyl
- Need to purchase extended licensing? We're happy to help; simply email us at [email protected]
**To toggle through alternate ampersands, simply engage the contextual alternates feature and type &1 - &21. Each number you type after & changes the character!
Keywords: font, calligraphy, handwriting, hand, drawn, elegant, vintage, swirls, swash, invitation, logo, lettered, ampersands, contextual alternates, patterns, seamless.